Other more recent client successes include:
1) The world rights to Sejal Ramani's The Journey Home and a second book were sold at auction to renowned New York publishing house Putnam. This debut novel spans three generations of Eastern Indian women from the early 20th century to the present, and is based upon the author's grandmother's own story.
2) Greta Gleissner recently sold her book, From Rockette to Rock Bottom: The Dance of Bulimia, to Seal Press, an imprint of Perseus Book Group, the world's largest independent book publisher.
3) Tina Coluccio recently got the Marsal Lyon Literary Agency-one of the west coast's top literary agencies-to represent her book, The Gift of Spirit. She recently had it published by Turning Stone Press.
4) Bari Lyman sold her manuscript, Meet to Marry, to HCI Books, publishers of the mega-bestselling series, Chicken Soup for the Soul, and it is has been praised by Stephen Covey, author of The 7 Habits of Highly Successful People: "Meet to Marry correctly identifies what we need to be looking for in a relationship. Smart, principled and engaging, this book works."
5) Jim Wawro has had two recent successes-one, his story The Best Wine Ever, was published in the December 2011 edition of Wine Enthusiast magazine; and two, Jim published the original (longer) version of the same story on Kindle as an e-Book (available at www.amazon.com).
6) Debbie Happy Cohen has just released her latest book, IMAGINE Your Life in Full Color: 12 Ways to Use Art in Your Mind to Supercharge Your Goals and Empower Your Dreams. Her book is available at www.amazon.com as a Kindle e-Book.
|Testimonials from Clients:
"Willy Mathes takes the job of being a book editor/coach from the technical to the sacred. He can see the highest vision for you and your book and give you the tools to create your best work."
- Rev. Cathy Haven Howard, Author of Spirit Expression For Everyone
"Willy put his heart and soul into editing my book Empathic Exit: Physician-Assisted Suicide. Since English is not my native language, I asked Willy to do more than just simple editing; that is, to "fix"" my sentences in such way that my message should come out loud and clear. He was able to preserve my originality, while fine-tuning my voice. I do not believe for a second that anyone else would have ever done a better job."
- Viorel Verka, M.D., M.B.A.
When I first wrote Double Identity, I was sure I had a real good story. After about fifty rejections, I re-wrote it, then re-wrote it again, and then had it critiqued (for a fee) by a publisher’s representative. The feedback was very valuable. I was told that my work was “publishable” and that I had a gift for language and especially for dialogue. I was greatly encouraged. However, another 50 rejections put a damper on my enthusiasm.
My purpose for writing this letter is to thank you. Your editing work has been exactly what Double Identity needed. And your expert coaching is exactly what I needed. With your guidance and encouragement, I have broken the rejection cycle, and finally gotten my manuscript published! (go to www.Amazon.com : Double Identity by Charley Webb – my “pen name”)
Anyone who has written or is writing can ill afford not to have your professional guidance.
Warm Personal Regards,
I am writing this letter to acknowledge Will Mathes for the work he
did in editing my book, Reach Your Stars (Bee Happy
Publishing). This book would not be what it is without Will's having
put his heart and soul and many long hours into it, especially in
terms of its organization and capturing the intent I originally had
for it. His attention to detail, the sense of "flow," and the
overall "shine" of the manuscript was superb. I highly recommend
Will Mathes to anyone seeking a superlative editor who shows care
for both preserving the author's voice and bringing out the very
best in the work.
Debbie Happy Cohen, Author Reach Your Stars: A Guide to Fulfill Your Dreams, Not
Someday, But NOW!
Aside from his top-notch editing abilities, one of the main reasons I retained Willy was his extensive knowledge and experience with spiritual subjects. Telepathy and remote viewing play major roles in the plot. Willy was familiar with these and other mystic skills, which was instrumental in bringing Mystic Warrior to its fullest expression. Willy is currently editing a non-fiction manuscript for me.
--Edwin Harkness Spina, author of Mystic Warrior
Willy Mathes gave an added spark of life to Celestial Symbols
of the Soul. I would not think of publishing any work
without Willy's editorial flair, to ensure that only the best comes
--Mary DeAmbrose, Co-Author of Celestial Symbols of the Soul
"Willy's editing of my manuscript made it so much more
understandable and accessible to the reader. I deeply appreciate
what he did for my book."
--Rose Bilal, Author of Don't Blame The Road
"I couldn�t have done this without you, Willy. Thanks for your
--Gary Harpst, Author of Six Disciplines For Excellence and Six Disciplines Execution Revolution
"Thanks for all of your effort putting my manuscript into shape!"
--L.W. Elston, Author of The Conversion of Nathan Poole
"Your work was superlative! Thanks, again, Willy."
--Thomas J. Routt, Author of Quantum Computing